Thursday, January 12, 2012

I can read too!



I just finished reading The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht. The book is a National Book Award Finalist and NY Times bestseller and the author is a prolific writer regardless of her age (which happens to be 26). I wanted to love this book. I had finished a few books in December that didn't capture my interest and I was looking forward to this highly acclaimed one. The writing is lyrical and the author can certainly craft a sentence, but I couldn't wait to get to the end of it- and not in a good way. I enjoyed the individual stories of the characters but really didn't care what happened to them. I found myself anxious at the half way point to just have it be done. It appears that I am in the minority of readers in my review, but it just did't gel for me. I do believe the author is one to watch for future books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment